The functions and activities of Criminal Investigations include:
- Investigating criminal cases;
- Tracking and frequent monitoring of registered sexual offenders;
- Processing crime scenes and storing evidence;
- Maintaining criminal intelligence files;
- Testifying for the Grand Jury; and
- Performing Background checks for police applicants.
Detectives investigate general crimes including: theft, sexual assault,
burglary, robbery, disorderly conduct, assaults, and battery.
Financial crime cases include: identity theft, deceptive practice,
forgery, credit card fraud, and counterfeiting. If you are the victim
of identity theft, take immediate action to minimize damage
to your finances and credit.
Take the following steps:
- Report the fraud to your creditors (banks, credit card providers, utility providers).
- Place a fraud alert on your credit report.
- File a police report.
- Determine if you want to place a security freeze on your credit report.
- Contact any of the three following consumer reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report.