- The City of Mansfield is the Parish Seat of DeSoto Parish.
- City Sales Tax Revenues have more than doubled from
June, 2007 to June, 2010 because of the Haynesville Shale
Natural Gas discovery. In DeSoto Parish - Sales Tax revenue has
sky-rocketed from $23-million for 2006-2007 to
over $78-million for 2009-2010. It is estimated that
nearly 5 percent of the Nation's gas drilling is in DeSoto Parish.
- Sales tax revenues for 2009/2010 were reported as 93 percent higher than the prior year. Sales tax revenues in the City of Mansfield generated over $2-million in the 2009/2010 fiscal year compared to only $1-million in 2007.
- Compressed Natural Gas Station opened in February 2012.
- The City of Mansfield was first Incorporated on: April 15, 1847
- Population: 5,001 according to 2010 U.S. Census Bureau
- Median household income 2008 - $29,093
- Parish: DeSoto
- Latitude: 32.037n
- Longitude: 93.7w
- Annual average rainfall: 65.56
- City tree: Crepe Myrtle
- City flower: Day Lily
- Time zone: Central Daylight Savings
- Nearest major city: Mansfield is about 30 miles south of
Shreveport, LA on US Hwy 171 and Interstate 49